Instant Pot Balsamic Chicken with Rosemary
Another successful Instant Pot recipe: I forget where I adapted this one from, but it was easy and delicious.
- 1-2 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 5-6 cloves of garlic, thin sliced (or less if you want; we love garlic)
- 1 sprig rosemary, chopped
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (breasts or tenderloins would be lovely too)
- 1/2 lb mushrooms
- 3 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup chicken stock, wine, or water
- 3 tbs flour
- 3-4 tbs cool water
- Set Instant Pot to Sauté setting. Heat oil until hot and shimmery; sauté onions and garlic in the oil till soft; add rosemary and stir a little more.
- Add mushrooms and a splash of stock; stir till mushrooms soften
- Add chicken, balsamic vinegar, and the rest of the stock.
- Using “Manual” setting, cook on high pressure for 15 minutes; quick-release the pressure and remove lid.
- While chicken is cooking, mix the flour and water together to make a slurry and stir till it’s not lumpy
- Stir a little hot liquid from the pot into the slurry, then pour the mixture into the pot and stir a few minutes till it thickens into a gravy. Add salt and pepper to taste
- Serve over rice or pasta.
This might be my favorite thing so far that I’ve made in the Instant Pot…even after not very long, it tasted like it had been simmering all day…