Thanksgiving Leftovers: Turkey Chili
Usually by Saturday night we’re a little tired of straightforward Thanksgiving Redux.
So tonight I turned some of the turkey into a very delicious, very fast chili recipe:
Quick Turkey Chili
- Saute in a little oil till soft: 2-3 cloves garlic, 1 medium onion, 1 bell pepper
- Add a cup or two cut up cooked turkey and a can of white or other beans (drained)
- Stir in 1-2 tsp chili powder and 1-2 tsp ground cumin (to taste–as much as you’d like, really!), and possibly 1/2 tsp salt if your broth isn’t salted
- Add 1/2 cup turkey (or other) broth and 1/4-1/2 cup prepared salsa.
- If desired, sprinkle a little flour over the top and stir in, or make a flour-water “slurry” to thicken slightly.
- Let simmer uncovered until it’s the consistency you like. Serve over rice or with/in tortillas
This was delicious. And made some good leftovers–we’ll take some for lunches on Monday. Enjoy!