Link Love–Green Stuff I’m Reading
Cleaning out my Google Reader once again, here are some of the posts that caught my attention:
- Check out these eco-documentaries up for Oscars this year!
- This is depressing: Residents of Suburb Designed Around Transit Don’t Want It, Say It Offers “No Benefit” And it’s basically part of my “home town,” near where I grew up. Sigh.
- Apparently Rahm Emmanuel, Chicago mayoral candidate, gives a crap about bicycles. Whether he delivers or not, I think it’s very cool that anyone would even bother to talk about bicycling as part of a campaign.
- The CEO of Pepsico tells us happily, “Doritos Are Not Bad For You.” Neither, she says, is Pepsi cola. Good to know; that makes me feel way way better.
- An interesting post suggesting we plant more “calorie crops” in our family backyard gardens. Makes some sense to me, actually…
- Michelle Obama Urged to Take Meat “Unfit for KFC” Out of School Lunch. Turns out, some school lunch programs serve up chickens KFC rejects as “substandard.” What can one say but “eew.”?
- In the UK, they are beginning rollouts of a new papier-mache compostable milk bottle. The company is called GreenBottle.
- A sort of interesting slide show showing, at a fairly basic level, how antibiotic resistance works.
- Marion Nestle’s article on the new 2010 Dietary Guidelines…a very good, intelligent article, check it out!
- And on a happier note…Crunchy Betty has some recipes for homemade lip balms. Some have cocoa powder in them…Yummm…