Easiest ever veggie burgers (Attack of the Killer Zucchinis, IIa)
Okay, this barely deserves to be a separate post from yesterdays, but I discovered at lunch today that yesterday’s Easiest Ever Falafel single serving recipe is almost seamlessly adaptable to become the Easiest Ever Veggie Burger, with almost infinite substitution potential.
Easy Veggie Burger (single serving: quadruple as desired!)
Combine in a bowl; squish with fingers until well mixed:
- 1/4 cup hummus or mashed beans (black, cannellini, great northern, kidney, lentil, whatever)
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated zucchini (or other grated vegetable)
- 1 tsp chopped cilantro (or basil or parsley) (optional, but it really makes a difference!)
- 1-2 cloves mashed garlic (also optional, also really difference-making)
- powdered seasonings to taste (cumin and chili powder, or cumin and coriander, or basil and oregano, or curry powder…use your imagination!)
Stir well, then smoosh into a ball with your hands and flatten into patty shape. Coat with more breadcrumbs if you wish, then cook over medium high heat till crispy on each side.
This was incredibly easy. And got a little more zucchini out of the fridge.
Six more behemoths to go.